This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Neurology Hospitalist providers including but not limited to hospital and payor credentialing, scheduling patient appointments after a hospital stay, obtaining precertification and preauthorization approvals, communicating with providers and pharmacies regarding prescription refills, completing FMLA and disability forms and communicating with patients.
In order to perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to meet and perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Degree/Certification required: High school diploma or GED required; undergraduate degree in related field is preferred;
Years of experience in a particular field: Minimum of 1-2 years in healthcare or related field
Strong attention to detail
Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, providers and payors
The ability to multitask
Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
Working knowledge of Word and Excel
Management experience: none required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned if determined in the best interest of the Practice.
• Provide administrative support to the Hospitalist providers
• Work with provider, hospitals and commercial and government payors to complete hospital and payor credentialing
• Coordinates attorney meetings, depositions and trials
• Bills for provider’s administrative services
• Manage CME hours and Copic points for all Physicians
• Schedule patient visits after a hospital inpatient stay
• Work closely with payors to obtain payor required pre-certifications and pre-authorizations
• Obtain prescription refills and communicate with the pharmacy and with the patient, (as needed)
• Work with providers in the completion of FMLA and disability forms and death certificates
• Respond to patient questions
All employees must adhere to Adherence to CarePoint’s Compliance Program, all Compliance, billing, coding, HIPAA/Security policies and procedures, and all other CarePoint policies
Other- Compliance, HIPAA and Security
Employees acknowledge that compliance with CarePoint’s HIPAA, Security and Compliance Plan policies and procedures as well as all other CarePoint policies and procedures is a condition of employment and that any violation will result in sanctions up to and including termination based on the type and severity of the violation.
Access to and use of Protected Health Information – security clearance which allows employees to review, investigate, and respond to questions from payors.
Security access permitted using the Practice’s entrances for this job category is during core hours of building management, 5 days a week.
Administrative Assistant: 2 years