This position is responsible for oversight of some of the clinic departments including the medical assistants and some travel to satellite clinics. This position is a hard working job that requires management of employees as well as production of reports, completion of high-level projects, etc. This position reports to the practice manager.
499 E. Hampden Ave
Englewood, CO 80113
(Will support multiple sites)
In order to perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to meet and perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Degree/Certification required: Undergraduate or Master's degree in business administration with focus in healthcare preferred
Years of experience in a particular field: Minimum of 5 years in healthcare or related field
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- Advanced problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small groups
- The ability to multitask
- Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines, work with supervision and work independently
- Management experience: 3 years required
- MUST have health care administration; clinical office operations: 5 years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of daily practice operations as they relate to office process flow and medical assistants including but not limited to time card review, new employee training, HR issues, supply ordering, drug ordering, linens, inbound phones to medical assistants, status of refills and response time to patients, monitoring of lab reconciliation, monitoring of MA telephone encounter response times and completions
- Work on process improvement initiatives as it relates to Medical Assistants and patient flow
- Works closely with other Practice Management, Human Resources and Director in the hiring and ongoing review and counseling of employees
- Provide employee training, including the preparation of training materials
- Meaningful Use — monitor meaningful use measures to ensure providers are meeting the criteria; submit documentation, as required
- HIPAA/Compliance — works closely with the Director, Manager, and the Compliance Officer regarding any HIPAA and/or compliance violations/issues
- Other duties as assigned
- All employees must adhere to the organization's Compliance Program, all Compliance, billing, coding, HIPAA/Security policies and procedures, and all other organization policies
Supervisory Responsibilities: Office Staff, as assigned
Other- Compliance, HIPAA and Security
- Employees acknowledge that compliance with the organization's HIPAA, Security and Compliance Plan policies and procedures as well as all other policies and procedures is a condition of employment and that any violation will result in sanctions up to and including termination based on the type and severity of the violation.
- Access to and use of Protected Health Information — security clearance which allows employees to review, investigate, and respond to questions from payors.
- Security access permitted using the Practice's entrances for this job category is during core hours of building management, 7 days a week.
Job type: Full-time