This position is responsible for greeting patients and collecting demographic information, answering the practice phones, copayments and coinsurance and insurance information; responding to patient inquiries, medical record requests and other healthcare activities. This is for a very busy neurology clinic.
10099 RidgeGate Parkway, Suite 480
Lone Tree, CO 80124
In order to perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to meet and perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Degree/Certification required: High school diploma or GED required; undergraduate degree in related field is preferred
Years of experience in a particular field: Minimum of 1 experience in medical office (PREFER EXPERIENCE AS FRONT DESK IN PHYSICIAN PRACTICE)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients
- The ability to multitask
- Strong commitment to actively supporting an ethical open working environment
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned if determined in the best interest of the Practice.
- Answer the practice phones, check voicemail, and respond to patients
- Schedule patient appointments and appointment reminder calls
- Verifying paper and e-chart docs are available for upcoming appointments
- Check patients in/out, collect co-payments, coinsurance and past due amounts
- Coordinate records/referrals with PCP/referring physician office for new patients
- Respond to patient inquiries, as appropriate
- Track referrals
- Respond – medical record and attorney requests
- Coordinate marketing activities at the direction of the Office Manager
- Scan patient documents into eClinicalWorks
- Assist in picking up and sending mail
- Assist in training of front desk staff, as needed
- Clerical – photocopies, assists in tracking of supply needs, scan patient documents into eClinicalWorks and other duties as assigned
- Keep waiting and patient areas clean and tidy
Other- Compliance, HIPAA and Security:
- Employees acknowledge that compliance with CarePoint’s HIPAA, Security and Compliance Plan policies and procedures as well as all other CarePoint policies and procedures is a condition of employment and that any violation will result in sanctions up to and including termination based on the type and severity of the violation.
- Access to and use of Protected Health Information – security clearance which allows employees to review, investigate, and respond to questions from payors.
- Security access permitted using the Practice entrances for this job category is during core hours of building management, 5 days a week.
Job Type: Full-time