Enhances executives' effectiveness by providing information management support; representing the executives to others.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive's absence; speaking for the executive.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Executive Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication.
Job Type: Full-time
- 2 years of executive assistant experience preferred